If you’re unable to pay your bills and/or buy essential groceries (or if you’re at risk of not being able to), Wesley Emergency Relief can help.
We partner with local community organisations across New South Wales to provide a safety net for these times of financial crisis.
You don’t have to struggle alone. Get in touch with Wesley Emergency Relief today.
Find emergency relief in your area
We partner with community organisations in many parts of NSW to create a safety net in difficult times.
You are not alone
Wesley Mission created Lifeline 58 years ago because we had a deep desire to make sure no one would feel they had to struggle alone. We still run Lifeline in Sydney and Sutherland, and our trained volunteers are here to take your call. If you’re in a crisis situation and need to talk to someone immediately, Lifeline is available and ready to help you by calling 13 11 14. If you or someone you know is in danger or needs immediate medical attention, please call 000.
We’ve partnered with a range of local community organisations to provide financial and material support, including:
- vouchers for food and clothing
- new essential household items (such as fridge, washing machine or bed)
- help getting your bills paid.
If you’re unable to (or about to be unable to) pay your bills or buy essential groceries, you may be eligible for help from Wesley Emergency Relief’s local community partner organisations.
When you contact one of Wesley Emergency Relief’s partner organisations in your local community, they’ll work out the best type of support for your situation.
If you’re eligible for food and clothing vouchers, you can get them at the initial assessment to use straight away. But if the partner organisation sends them in the post, they can take up to five days to arrive.
If you need help paying bills or purchasing essential items for your household, these can take up to two weeks to organise, then delivery time is on top of that.
- Use the list above to find a partner community organisation in your local area.
- Get in touch with that organisation using the contact details provided.
To apply for Wesley Emergency Relief, you’ll need to provide copies of:
- photo ID (e.g. a driver’s license)
- a bank statement
- a Centrelink statement
- your bills that need to be paid.
You may also need to provide additional information, depending on the type of emergency relief you request.
If you need immediate support, call:
- Domestic Violence Line – 1800 656 463
- Link2home Homelessness – 1800 152 152
- Link2Home Veterans and Ex-Service – 1800 326 989
- Child Protection Helpline – 13 21 11.