Wesley Community Housing
- part-time position, 21 hours per week (hours/days negotiable)
- based in Ashfield (other Wesley Mission sites will be considered)
- great learning and development opportunities in a fast-paced team.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from accommodation services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, aged care and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program – Wesley Community Housing
Our passionate and friendly community housing team provide homes for people and families on low to moderate incomes across NSW. We partner with organisations and tenants to:
- support successful tenancies
- contribute to more connected and strengthened communities
- increase opportunities for tenants.
More information on our community housing activities can be found at: www.wesleymission.org.au/find-a-service/housing-and-accommodation/community-housing
About the role
We are looking to employ an Assets & Maintenance Admin Officer with an empathetic, solution focused and positive approach to manage our finances and provide administration support to enable our continued growth. Key responsibilities include:
- responsive repairs calls including raising work orders and coordinating maintenance works
- management of assets & maintenance accounts payable including updating our Housing Management System
- invoice and expense tracking against budget related to assets & maintenance activities
- internal and external reporting for assets & maintenance
- tracking performance against KPIs for asset and maintenance activities
- ensuring the Housing Management System is accurate and up to date
- SMS messaging for assets and maintenance activities
- supporting the Operations Manager through a range of administration tasks and activities
- providing back up coverage and support for other team roles as advised by Supervisor.
- at least 3 years’ experience in a similar administration role with accounts payable responsibility
- demonstrated experience managing a wide variety of financial tasks, including accounts payable, management of budgets and invoice processing and filing
- experience in preparing reports preferably for Senior Managers and Government Departments
- very strong interpersonal skills, particularly assertiveness, diplomacy, mediation, negotiation
- exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail and follow through
- well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- ability to communicate across a variety of mediums to people of all levels, including management, staff, tenants and other stakeholders
- ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- strong knowledge and application of the Microsoft Office environment including intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge and skills
- strong knowledge and application of financial systems preferably MYOB or PeopleSoft
- commitment to continuous improvement principles within a service delivery framework
- satisfactory National Criminal History Check clearance
- COVID-19 vaccination at least 2 doses.
- not-for-profit or cause related experience
- tertiary qualifications in a related discipline
- demonstrated knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 and demonstrated knowledge of best practice and quality standards within the housing sector
- experience with databases, CRM and housing systems.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development. Salary and conditions of employment are based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010, Level 3 with generous salary packaging opportunities.
5th December 2022, 5pm.
For further information please contact Lisa Ellis on Lisa.Ellis@wesleymission.org.au
All applications must provide a cover letter addressing the essential criteria and a current CV/resume to be considered for this role.
All applications must be directed via email to
Lisa Ellis, Operations Manager Wesley Community Housing
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.