Wesley Home Modifications & Maintenance
- full-time position
- based in Ermington
- attractive salary packaging benefits
- coordination of tradespersons
- quotation of projects
- reporting and administrative requirements
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Home Modifications and Maintenance provides services for the elderly, clients with disabilities, and carers of adults and children with a disability to allow them to remain in their own home. Services range from minor maintenance tasks to more complex modifications such as widening access ways and installation of access ramps and full bathroom replacements.
About the role
Our service is looking to employ a Works Supervisor with a building or carpentry background. Ideally, you will have experience quoting works, estimating materials required for jobs, liaising with contractors, and coordinating and supervising a small team of staff. You will have an understanding of working to achieve goals and targets and will be able to work within a pre-determined budget.
The successful applicant will:
- work effectively within a team environment
- be willing to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values and enthusiastically advocate our Word and deed ministry
- demonstrate ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- communicate well with team management, team members and clients
- be confident with strong initiative
- display emotional maturity and resilience.
- current Builder’s Licence and a willingness to be identified as the nominated supervisor on the Wesley Mission Builder’s Licence
- strong coordination and planning skills
- strong and clear communication skills both written and verbal
- able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- experience with Quote preparation
- class C NSW driver’s licence
- good computer literacy, particularly in database maintenance/entry
- good problem-solving skills and the ability to refer to departmental guidelines and procedures
- an ability to set priorities and to achieve them.
- knowledge of and experience in home modification & maintenance services
- not-for-profit or cause-related management experience
- an appreciation of the challenges involved in managing a diverse workforce within a not-for-profit environment.
Thursday 27 January 2022, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing ALL the selection criteria. Applications not addressing the selection criteria may be over looked.
Please submit your application to:
Matthew Hilder, Manager HMMS & Property Maintenance and Wesley Employment Services
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and a Criminal History Record Check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.