Wesley Home Care
- multiple part-time positions in the South East Sydney region
- flexible working conditions and hours available
- work with people in their homes and in the community
Multiple positions are available delivering supports to older people living in Sutherland, St George Area, Eastern Sydney and Sydney LGA’s.
We are looking for proactive, energetic, empathetic individuals to work with Wesley Mission’s Home Care team. Successful applicants will support people with disabilities to achieve their goals and dreams, develop their skills, and live the best life that they can in the community. Successful applicants will also work with older people supporting them to live independently in the community for as long as possible. In this role, you can expect to undertake a variety of tasks such as personal care, domestic assistance, transport, social support, community participation and group activities.
If you enjoy working with older people from diverse backgrounds and life experiences and are looking for a rewarding career that offers you flexibility, work / life balance, and opportunities for growth and development, this is the position for you.
People speaking a second language and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Wesley Mission has been ministering to a community with lifestyle needs for over 200 years.
Our community includes the vulnerable and marginalised. It includes the lonely, hurt and fragile, the homeless, mentally ill, aged, disabled, and unemployed. It includes the spiritually lost.
We believe it takes love, faith, and commitment to engage actively in the lives of those around us. Our services are as diverse as the needs we face, so we shape our programs, activities and services to support those in need – whoever they are.
Home Care and Disability Services assists frail aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching supports in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
- Certificate III in Individual Support or willingness to obtain
- previous experience working with frail aged people, people with disabilities, dementia and complex needs, preferably in a community setting
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting behavioural or health changes
- experience with providing personal care, including the use of mobility aids
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- First Aid Certificate
- comprehensively insured and registered motor vehicle and current NSW driver’s licence.
- experience delivering services to people requiring high level care
- experience working with people with physical, intellectual and psycho-social disabilities
- general IT skills including use of tablet, email
- bi-lingual, fluent spoken Greek, Italian, Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Macedonian, Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Russian and languages from Indian sub-continent.
Position is subject to award conditions under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as Home Care Worker Grade 3; uniform allowance; laundering allowance; salary packaging available.
Wesley Mission is committed to ongoing training and professional development.
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to SDM@wesleymission.org.au using the subject line South Region by Wednesday, October 20 2021.
Applications will be considered immediately upon submission.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.