Family Preservation WSNBM
- permanent full-time positions
- based in Western Sydney Nepean Blue Mountains (WSNBM)
- attractive alary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
The Family Preservation WSNBM program provides targeted support to vulnerable families to prevent children and young people (0 to 17 years old) from escalating into the child-protection or Out of Home Care system.
We are looking for outstanding caseworkers who are conscientious, reliable and motivated about making a difference. As a caseworker you will be working with a team of exceptional professionals who practise within an evidenced based framework.
We are currently seeking caseworkers to work across our Local Government Areas – Nepean Blue Mountains, Blacktown, Parramatta and Holroyd. We have vacancies at our Penrith, Blacktown and Dundas offices so please indicate your site preference in your cover letter.
All staff at Family Preservation WSNBM work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field. Wesley Mission provides regular supervision, support and training for all staff.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science or related fields
- At least 2 years’ experience working with families, that involves the identification and analysis of safety and wellbeing concerns for children
- experience in assessment-based tools
- demonstrated ability to engage families at point of unexpected initial contact
- cultural competence and experience working alongside CALD and Aboriginal families
- current NSW or National driver’s licence.
- knowledge of the local child and family support sector for the area which you are applying
- experience in SafeCare® delivery, or other evidence-based parenting programs
- experience in managing electronic files and databases.
- brief telephone conversation to confirm details of the role and arrange a telephone interview
- telephone interview
- online aptitude testing and a behavioural questionnaire
- face-to-face interview
- reference & probity checks.
If you have any queries, please contact FamilyPresWSNBMRecruitment@wesleymission.org.au
Monday 29 November 2021, by 5pm
Please find an Application Pack, including Position Description attached
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Only applications which address the essential criteria will be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
Preferred applicants will be requested to undergo an online psychometric test, prior to interview. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.