Wesley Hospital Ashfield and Kogarah
- casual position
- Ashfield and Kogarah locations
- friendly attractive working environment
Wesley Mission has a real mission – to change the lives of those in need. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Hospital Ashfield and Wesley Hospital Kogarah have gained excellent reputations in the private and public sectors and are known for providing quality care and maintaining ethical values whilst operating as a commercial activity.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Casual Catering Assistant to work in both our hospitals at Ashfield and Kogarah.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable individual to join our catering team in providing exceptional food and service to our patients.
While the role of catering assistant will primarily involve working in the kitchen, you will also be interacting with patients and nurses during meal services, therefore excellent customer service skills and a pleasant bed side manner will be highly regarded.
- previous catering assistant experience in a healthcare setting
- food safety experience in a healthcare setting
- knowledge in aspects of food preparation, presentation and serving of meals
- understand the different types of ingredients and food handling procedures and execute different methods of cooking and food preparation
- ensure that all food delivered is inspected and stored correctly, and that stock is rotated and clearly labelled
- coordinate both the preparation and delivery of meals from the kitchen
- effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with staff from all departments in the hospital
- effective time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing workloads
- ability to work alone and in a team environment
- be flexible to work a variety of shifts by arrangement
- familiarity with Safety Data Sheets
- working knowledge and understanding of Workplace Health & Safety
- assist with cleaning the kitchen utensils
- maintain a clean and tidy kitchen
- Australian Citizen or hold the relevant Visa for employment in Australia
- vaccination record.
- Certificate III in Hospitality or equivalent.
Friday 22 July 2022, by 5.00 pm.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Wesley Hospital Non-Nurses Enterprise Agreement.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume with current referees and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.