Wesley Dalmar Keeping Connected Program
- casual positions available
- based in Greater Sydney regions – Baulkham Hills
- leading NFP organisation making a difference in the community.
Wesley Mission is a leading faith-based organisation that has been in operation for over 200 years.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Mission has a long-established history in providing Out of Home Care (OOHC) across NSW. This position offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with children, birth parents and foster carers.
We are recruiting for Family Contact Supervisors to join our team on a casual basis. As a Family Contact Supervisor, you will be responsible for monitoring family visits between children and their families. You may also be asked to provide transport or mentoring services to children and young people as requested and provide a report from your observations. The shift pattern is across 7 days and will including morning shifts, afternoons/ evenings, and weekends.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will work within a team of Family Contact Supervisors to deliver high-quality family contact support across the Wesley Mission Greater Sydney region. The person appointed to this position will be required to complete induction training and on the job training.
- Higher School Certificate or equivalent (Cert III)
- availability to work flexible working hours including some evenings and weekends
- current unrestricted Driver’s Licence
- excellent verbal and written skills
- experience working with children and families experiencing challenges
- ability to work as a part of a team and independently
- current First Aid Certificate.
- working towards degree in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology or related discipline
- knowledge of therapeutic care frameworks
- knowledge and experience in family preservation frameworks
- demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- demonstrated conflict resolution skills and experience managing difficult behaviours.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 3, Pay Point 1-3. The agency provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development.
9th December 2022.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria to:
Attention: Ronya Taouk
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and code of contact. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number, criminal history record check and vaccination status). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.