Wesley Disability Services
- permanent part-time & casual positions available
- based in Croydon Park
- immediate start
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Disability Services assists those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching care in the community. We offer quality support services, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
About the role
As a Support Worker you will provide individualised high-quality supports that promote the emotional, social and behavioural needs and goals of clients with a disability.
- Certificate III in Individual Support /Community Services or Disability Care or equivalent
- current First Aid certificate
- previous experience working with people with disability
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting changes to the Service Manager
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work independently
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management
- current NSW driver’s licence (minimum of Green Provisional Licence).
Position is subject to award conditions under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as Level 2. Training and support provided.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria via SEEK here: Disability Support Workers | Croydon Park Job in Croydon Park, Sydney NSW – SEEK
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.