Wesley Home Care and Disability
- permanent part-time and casual positions available at our supported accommodation services with flexible working arrangements
- immediate start
- based in Blacktown
- please note: due to the client this role supports, we will only be considering female applicants (Sex Discrimination Act 1984 Section 30).
Wesley Mission has been ministering to a community with lifestyle needs for over 200 years. Our community includes the vulnerable and marginalised. It includes the lonely, hurt and fragile, the homeless, mentally ill, aged, disabled, and unemployed.
We believe it takes love, faith, and commitment to engage actively in the lives of those around us. Our services are as diverse as the needs we face, so we shape our programs, activities and services to support those in need – whoever they are.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Home Care and Disability Services assists frail aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching care in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
- Certificate III in Disability Care or willingness to obtain
- previous experience working with people with disability
- previous experience working with people with challenging behaviours
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting changes to the practice lead
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work independently in the community
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for home-based support and during transport of clients
- current NSW Drivers’ Licence (minimum Green P).
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Grade 2. Training and support provided.
Friday, 30 December 2022.
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter to:
Under the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 Section 30, we will only be requiring female applicants for this role due to the client conditions.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.