Wesley Opportunity Pathways
6-month contract with possibility of extension, based in Wollongong. Travel throughout the Illawarra and Shoalhaven region is expected.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, health services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Opportunity Pathways aims to improve the employment outcomes of Social Housing Clients.
The Employment Coach coordinates and facilitates the delivery of program services to clients from social, community & Aboriginal housing backgrounds, as well as Rent Choice recipient and those on the housing waitlist.
This challenging role requires individual resilience, a professional attitude, ability to handle multiple demands, experience in casework and an ability to engage with vulnerable people living in social housing.
All staff at Opportunity Pathways work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field.
- tertiary qualifications or experience in Employment & Training, Youth Work, Social Science, Human Services, or equivalent Allied Health qualification
- ability to develop employment focused working relationships with employers
- ability to engage with employers, service providers, clients, and their communities to address vocational and non-vocational barriers
- ability to work as part of a small dynamic team to meet contractual and organisational KPIs
- demonstrated understanding of local communities, industries, and employment markets
- computer skills and experience in client management systems, and managing and maintaining electronic files and databases
- current NSW or National driver’s licence, as pool vehicles are available and required for program delivery
- successful applicant will need a Working with Children Check & National Criminal Record Check.
- experience completing intake assessments
- experience in the development and delivery of vocational related training programs.
Remuneration and benefits
Generous remuneration package on offer with salary packaging benefits, as well as access to the following benefits:
- study assistance program
- Employee Assistance Program and Chaplaincy support
- discounted private health insurance and home loan offers
- employee referral program.
Please email your current resume and a one-page cover letter addressing the criteria and why you are interested in this role and what you can bring to our team by 5pm Wednesday 27th October 2021, to the following email address:
For any enquiries about the position, please call:
Phone: 0436 359 632
Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal history record check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.