Wesley Community and Family Care
- permanent full-time
- based in Quakers Hill working across Blacktown & Hills Districts
- generous salary packaging provisions and fully maintained vehicle
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, health, employment, training and education services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Mission’s Community and Family Care teams build resilience and strengthen capacity in the local communities where we work. We support people using trauma-informed person-centred approach in a holistic manner and on a voluntary basis. The Family and Community Caseworker will provide services through referral, education, specialist casework and group work interventions to young people 0-12 years and their parents in the Blacktown and Hills area.
We are looking for an outstanding Family & Community Worker who is conscientious, reliable, and motivated about making a difference. As a Family & Community Worker within the Targeted Earlier Intervention program you will providing community-based services with children and their families with the goal of strengthening attachment and relationships within families and communities.
All staff at Child & Family work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field. Wesley Mission provides regular supervision, support, and training for all staff.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and minimum 2 years’ experience working in the community welfare system;
- Strengths based case management experience with the ability to engage families at the point of initial contact and build collaborative working relationships;
- Experience developing case summaries & child protection reports;
- Ability to work one-on-one with clients in a holistic and flexible manner;
- Experience of facilitating groups and community events to parents and community members;
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with related stakeholder groups;
- Cultural competence and experience working alongside Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and First Nations families;
- Ability to meet KPIs;
- Ability to work some evenings and occasional weekend;
- Current NSW or National driver’s licence;
- Working With Children’s Check
- A broad understanding of the local child and family support sector.
- Experience in developing and facilitating groupwork.
- A brief telephone conversation to confirm details of the role and arrange a telephone interview.
- Telephone interview.
- Online aptitude testing and a behavioural questionnaire.
- Face-to-face interview.
- Reference & probity checks.
If you have any queries, please contact Barathy Pirapakaran on:
Email – Barathy.Pirapakaran@wesleymission.org.au
Phone – 0434 368 337
By 5pm, Friday 5th November 2021
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a one-page cover letter addressing all the selection criteria and why you would be a good fit for the role.
Only applications with a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria will be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number).
Wesley Child, Youth and Family team is committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the communities we work within. Whilst not a requirement, we strongly encourage people from the following background/s to apply:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People who Identify as LGBTQIA+
- People of colour (e.g. identifying as cultural, religious and/or ethnically diverse)