- full-time position
- based in North Sydney
- salary SCHADS Level 5 + vehicle + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission GambleAware program provides a stepped, multimodal, individualised approach to supporting individuals impacted by gambling as well as those who are at risk of developing harmful gambling behaviours.
About the role
We are looking for outstanding Community Linkers to provide outreach services across the region. The aim of the role is to build awareness of the risks associated with problem gambling and increase community capacity to identify warning signs of harmful gambling. A Community Linker’s role is to raise community awareness of what support is available and create soft entry pathways for individuals seeking further support through other GambleAware service streams.
This is a flexible, mobile and dynamic role that looks holistically at the issues associated with problem or harmful gambling.
All staff within Wesley Family & Counselling Services work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field.
- degree in Social Sciences or related discipline. Diploma level qualifications can be considered where applicant has more than three years’ industry experience and an enrolment in a degree level course is maintained
- experience in delivering community education and targeted group programs
- experience in delivering community awareness campaigns and events
- understands the importance of family/community ecosystems
- experience and knowledge working from a trauma-informed approach
- experience working closely with vulnerable and socially disadvantaged communities and clients in a non-judgemental manner
- current, or provisional, NSW or national driver’s licence
- successful applicant will need a Working with Children Check & national criminal record check
- fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- an interest in and knowledge of problem gambling issues, domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health, grief and loss.
- flexibility to work some evenings and the occasional Saturday.
Friday 17 December 2021, by 5 pm.
Role to commence in January 2022.
Please email your current resume and a two-page cover letter addressing the criteria, why you are interested in this role and what you can bring to our team. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment form.
For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 02 4723 9277
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number).Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.