Wesley Property Maintenance
- full-time positions (38 hours/week)
- based in Campbelltown, Liverpool or Ermington
- hands on Crew Supervisor maintaining the lawn & garden
- generous superannuation and salary packaging available.
This is a rewarding hands-on role which will be perfectly suited to an individual with a proven track record and strong work ethic.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Property Maintenance (WPM) services properties across Sydney, Blue Mountains, Illawarra, Central Coast & Newcastle. Our garden maintenance and cleaning crews provide valuable services to tenants in need and provides meaningful employment to around 50 employees across the areas we service. WPM provides entry level employment and on the job training for the most disadvantaged in our communities.
About the role
We currently have positions for Crew Supervisors in the Liverpool, Campbelltown and Ermington areas. As a Crew Supervisor, you will actively lead a small team of labourers to provide garden and grounds maintenance services at various sites including aged care facilities, hospitals and Government Housing. You will supervise and provide on the job training for the crew members in your charge and document the completion of jobs through photograph and an online app. The Supervisor will be an active member of the team, working side by side with the labouring crew.
The successful applicant will:
- transport crews to various job sites in a Wesley Mission Vehicle
- understand safe work practices
- work to set timeframes to complete jobs in a timely and efficient manner
- complete necessary paperwork and electronic based reporting and recording of works.
- a commitment to a high standard of customer service
- ability to communicate effectively with team members
- ability to lead a small team to achieve outcomes
- a willingness and ability to deliver a high quality of work
- a current Class C (minimum) NSW Drivers Licence
- ability to work to strict timeframes
- neat and tidy appearance
- Senior First Aid Certificate or a willingness to obtain
- White Card or a willingness to obtain
- Asbestos Awareness Training or willingness to obtain
- ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- experience in working with people who have a disability.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Supported Employment Award, Grade 7. Other benefits include:
- first aid allowance and superannuation will be paid
- salary packaging
- vehicle to travel to and from work.
27th November 2022 by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Matthew Hilder, Manager Wesley Property Maintenance
Wesley Social Enterprises
Applications that do not address the selection criteria may be overlooked.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and a Criminal History Record check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.