Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- based in Ermington
- full-time position
- opportunity to lead a diverse team dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences
About the program
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (WOOSH) provides high-quality before and after school care and vacation care to school aged children within the North West Sydney region.
We provide an environment that is warm, caring and engaging for the children, staff and families and believe it is important that every child in our care feels at home in a secure environment where they can grow and learn.
Wesley OOSH is experiencing strong growth across all services. We currently have services in Quakers Hill, Seven Hills West, Riverstone, North Kellyville, Epping West, Marsden Park, Wyong, Merrylands, North Rocks and Catherine Fields communities.
About the role
As the Group Manager, you will be leading a diverse team of Managers, Coordinators and Educators to deliver an outstanding program across all our locations. You will champion the culture of the team, develop new opportunities for children to continue grow and learn, and establish opportunities for career development of staff in or entering the industry.
To be successful in this position you will have strong leadership qualities, be passionate about the delivery of a quality program, and have a heart for developing your team. You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will also have a cooperative approach to working with stakeholders.
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values and enthusiastically advocate our Word and deed ministry
- ability to engage and inspire a passionate team through clear decision making and the provision of a supportive and collaborative management style
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- relates well to a range of people with sound listening and problem solving skills
- confident professional with strong initiative and business acumen
- displays emotional maturity and resilience.
- minimum Diploma Early Childhood Education or similar
- extensive experience in managing multiple out of school hours care services
- firm understanding of the National Quality Framework and how it relates to service delivery
- demonstrated business acumen and business development skills
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets
- demonstrable skills in conflict resolution, change management and financial management
- experience in managing a team and developing team for superior performance
- sound knowledge in operating a Child Care Management System, such as QikKids
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and oral skills, public speaking and presentation capabilities
- outstanding interpersonal skills; flexible, patient with the ability to relate well to all levels of society with which Wesley Mission interacts
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- current Working with Children Check
- completion of DEC approved Child Protection Training.
- not-for-profit or cause-related management experience
- current Training and Assessment qualification
- an appreciation of the challenges involved in managing a diverse workforce within a not-for-profit environment.
Salary and employment conditions include a company car for private use with generous salary packaging available. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program
Friday 22 October 2021, by 5pm
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.