Wesley Dalmar Child & Family
- be part of a large for purpose organisation in this newly created role reporting to the General Manager
- an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to oversee all of Wesley Mission’s Out of Home Care services
- strategic leadership role within a supportive team environment
- flexible base location (metropolitan Sydney or the Central Coast). Travel across sites may be required.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Dalmar Out of Home Care is part of the Wesley Dalmar Child and Family Portfolio within Wesley Mission, and provides care for over 700 children and young people every night. Services range from foster care, adoption, residential care, supported independent living, and a suite of wrap around support services.
Wesley Mission has an extensive history of providing quality care and is a leading and highly respected service provider. The Head of Out of Home Care as a newly created role will work closely with the General Manager to ensure our services continue to grow and develop as well as provide industry leading care to our clients across metropolitan Sydney and regional NSW. It is a key role in leading our growing and diverse multidisciplinary teams to shape and develop services that respond to the changing needs of our clients and community, and to develop and support a committed workforce to achieve service excellence.
About you (criteria)
This is a great opportunity for a committed individual with:
- extensive experience in leading Out of Home Care services
- demonstrated ability to lead a multidisciplinary team to delivery high quality services in a competitive environment
- thorough understanding of NSW Government contracting (Permanency Support Program) and possess string business acumen
- sound understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements and current issues impacting on the Out of Home Care sector
- relevant qualifications within the community sector and/or leadership/management qualifications.
- current Driver’s Licence, Working with Children Check and criminal history check.
You will have the opportunity to access a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take home pay)
- fully maintained vehicle (including for private use) or a car allowance
- professional development opportunities.
10am, 7 December 2022.
For further information, or to request a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Emma Wakeling on 4320 1200 or email@example.com
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the criteria listed above to:
Nigel Lindsay – General Manager, Dalmar Child and Family
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.