Wesley Home Care
- multiple part-time positions within the Clarence Valley region: Grafton/Maclean/Yamba and Iluka
- shifts available weekdays and weekends
- work in the area in which you reside (minimal travelling)
- learning and development opportunities.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Home Care assists frail aged people to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching supports in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who genuinely wants to make a difference & is passionate about improving quality of life for our aged care clients. We provide person-centred care and support that enables our clients to maintain their sense of independence and wellbeing in their own home.
Support workers will require COVID vaccinations, a driver’s licence and comprehensive insurance. The position will cover programs such as VHC, CHSP and HCP. If successful in the position, you would be working in the area in which you reside.
**all employees are required to be fully vaccinated with 3 doses of a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care or Disability Care or willingness to obtain
- First Aid Certificate
- previous experience working with frail aged, people with dementia and complex needs
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting behavioural or health changes
- experience with providing personal care, including the use of mobility aids
- well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- COVID vaccination
- comprehensively insured & registered motor vehicle and current NSW driver’s licence
- those speaking a second language are encouraged to apply.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as a Home Care worker. Other benefits include:
- kilometre and travel time are provided
- uniform allowance
- paid training and meeting time
- salary packaging benefits.
9th February 2023, 5pm.
Please indicate the area/town you wish to work. To apply, please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria, using the subject line Support Worker to:
For enquires please ring: 02 6588 1769
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.