Wesley Disability Services
- casual positions available
- immediate start
- based in various locations across Sydney:
- Northmead/ Baulkham Hills
- Inner West area (Marrickville/Concord)
- Hurstville/Sutherland area (Kogarah, Peakhurst, Beverly Hills and Sutherland)
- South West Sydney (Greenacre)
- be part of our organisation making a real difference in the community.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from disability, aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Disability Service’s In Home Support Disability Program assists people living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching care in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
About the role
The Support Worker provides individualised support to clients appropriate to their needs, goals and aspirations. Services may be provided to clients their own home. This may include, but is not limited to, capacity building, personal care, community participation, transport, meal preparation and social activities for clients as well as developing skills in our clients to support their own day to day independence.
The role may be considered child related work under the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act.
- minimum Certificate III in Individual, Aged, Disability Support, Community Care, Leisure & Lifestyle, Education Support, or equivalent
- previous experience working with people living with a disability
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting changes to the Service Manager
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work independently in the community
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management
- current unrestricted NSW Drivers’ Licence and confidence in operating large passenger vehicles.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Level 2.
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to:
Email: email@example.com or Millicent.Boateng@wesleymission.org.au
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid NDIS Worker Screening check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.