Wesley Mission – Home & Residential Care
- multiple positions
- flexible working conditions and hours available
- permanent part-time and casual positions available
- immediate start
- work with people in their homes and in the community
- bi-lingual applicants encouraged to apply
If you care, join our caring team!
If you enjoy working with older people from diverse backgrounds and life experiences and are looking for a rewarding career that offers you flexibility, work life balance, and opportunities for growth and development, this is the position for you. Multiple positions are available delivering supports to older people across the Illawarra area.
We are looking for proactive, energetic, empathetic individuals to work with Wesley Mission’s Home Care team. Successful applicants will work with older people supporting them to live independently in the community for as long as possible. In this role, you can expect to undertake a variety of tasks such as personal care, domestic assistance, transport, social support, community participation and group activities.
People speaking a second language and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Home and Residential Care assists aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives, encouraging those supported to maintain independence and achieve their unique social, physical and spiritual needs.
Home Care and Disability Services assists frail aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching supports in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
- Certificate III in Individual Support Aged Care or Disability Care or willingness to obtain
- First Aid Certificate
- previous experience working with frail-aged people, younger people with disabilities, people with dementia and complex needs, preferably in a community setting
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting behavioural or health changes
- experience with providing personal care, including the use of mobility aids
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- comprehensively insured and registered motor vehicle and current NSW driver’s licence
- **all employees are required to be fully vaccinated with 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccination (plus booster).
- experience delivering services to people requiring high level care
- general IT skills including use of tablet, email
- bi-lingual, fluent spoken Greek, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish, Italian, Macedonian, Croatian, Serbian, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Polish, German, Russian.
Position is subject to award conditions under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as Home Care Worker Grade 3; uniform allowance; laundering allowance; salary packaging available.
Wesley Mission is committed to ongoing training and professional development.
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered immediately upon submission.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values.