Wesley Dalmar Supported Independent Living Program
- full-time position
- servicing Western Sydney
- currently based in Lewisham (planned to move to Blacktown by end 2022)
- Case Management role supporting young people transitioning to independence.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Dalmar is a large funded service provider in NSW, with a growing Supporting Independent Living (SIL) program. Our SIL program provides a range of independent living opportunities for young people aged 16-19yrs. The program offers a step by step process to independence, maximising the opportunities for positive outcomes for the young people. The case manager will provide case management support to up to 5 young people, supporting them to achieve their goals for their future.
About the role
Our Supported Independent Living Program is expanding, and we are seeking a highly motivated, full-time Case Manager to join our dedicated team. You will be supporting young people primarily but not exclusively in Western Sydney.
The position offers challenging and rewarding opportunities where you will be responsible for the support of a caseload of young people as they prepare to transition into adulthood. You will provide effective case management to ensure that the young people receive integrated and coordinated quality services as they transition to independent living. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about young people and willing to work to their strengths to achieve positive outcomes.
- experience working with young people (15 – 25yrs) with an Out of Home Care experience
- a passionate to achieve positive outcomes in the lives of young people
- ability to help support, empower and enable young people to become independent and the best version of themselves
- a demonstrated understanding of the NSW Permanency Support Program and the needs of the young people in the program.
- an understanding of the Supported Independent Living (SIL) Program and how it can support the Permanency Support Program
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets.
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and occasional weekends (time in lieu system available)
- current NSW Driver’s Licence.
Qualifications and Experience
- degree in Social Sciences or related discipline. Diploma level qualifications can be considered where:
- Case Manager has in excess of three years industry experience and
- enrolment in degree level course is maintained.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010, grade 5. Generous salary packaging, and a fully maintained motor vehicle are provided to the successful applicant.
October 10, 2022.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.