Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- before and after school care and vacation care
- location: North Rocks, 2151
- full-time position.
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (Wesley OOSH) provides high quality before and after school care and vacation care to primary school aged children. We currently have 14 services across Sydney and the Central Coast and are passionate about providing an environment that is warm, caring and engaging for children, staff, and families. We believe it is important that every child in our care feels at home in a secure environment where they can grow and learn.
Our North Rocks service is licenced for 152 children and is in a dedicated space within the school.
About the role
As the Centre Coordinator you will lead a vibrant team of Educators, be the nominated Supervisor and be in charge of the day to day running of the OOSH centre.
To be successful in this position you will have strong leadership qualities, be passionate and love working with children. You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will also have a cooperative approach to working with stakeholders.
- ability to engage and inspire a passionate team through clear decision making and the provision of a supportive and collaborative management style
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- relate well to a range of people with sound listening and problem-solving skills
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- confident professional with strong initiative
- be reliable
- display emotional maturity and resilience.
- an Early Childhood Education and Care qualification or equivalent
- sound working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
- minimum 1-year experience working in a Children’s service
- demonstrated experience in coordinating a team
- ability to direct the development, planning, implementation and review of innovative, stimulating, high quality programming for the service
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Qualification
- knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety
- current Working with Children Check
- completion of DEC approved Child Protection Training
- current driver’s licence
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- demonstrable skills in conflict resolution and change management
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and verbal skills
- be prepared to work split shifts as required
- excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and patient
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- experience in the use of QikKids
- previous OOSH experience
- experience in facilitating group games and sports.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award with generous salary packaging available. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
8th October 2022, at 5pm.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria and resume. To apply, please forward your application and quote “Centre Coordinator – North Rocks” in the subject line to
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.