Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- before and after school care and vacation care
- location: Wyong & Porters Creek Public School, 2259
- casual positions available.
About the program
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (Wesley OOSH) provides high quality before and after school care and vacation care to primary school aged children. We currently have 14 services across Sydney and the Central Coast and are passionate about providing an environment that is warm, caring and engaging for children, staff, and families. We believe it is important that every child in our care feels at home in a secure environment where they can grow and learn.
About the role
We are seeking casual and part-time Educators to fill before and/or after school care and/or vacation care positions in our OOSH services at the Central Coast.
Our Wyong service is licenced for 88 children and is in a dedicated space within the school.
Our Porters Creek service is licenced for 37 children and is also in a dedicated space within the school.
To be successful in this position you will have strong leadership qualities, be passionate and love working with children. You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will also have a cooperative approach to working with stakeholders.
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- demonstrate strong initiative
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and patient
- be reliable
- display emotional maturity and resilience.
- demonstrated ability to be encouraging and passionate about providing children with engaging activities
- good organisational and time management skills
- current Employee Working with Children check or willingness to obtain
- ability to work as part of a team
- good communication and relational skills with children, staff and families.
- Certificate III/IV in Children’s Services or working towards
- current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Child Protection Certificate
- current Driver’s Licence
- experience in working with school age children
- demonstrated ability to be creative
- a working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and ‘My Time, Our Place’
- intermediate computer skills.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award with generous salary packaging available. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
Friday 17th February 2023, at 5pm.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria and resume. To apply, please forward your application and quote “Casual Educator – Central Coast” in the subject line to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.