Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- part-time and casual positions
- based at Seven Hills North Public School
- before school, after school and vacation care
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (Wesley OOSH) provides high quality before school, after school and vacation care for school aged children across Greater Sydney and the Central Coast. Our locations include: Quakers Hill, Seven Hills West, Riverstone, North Kellyville, Epping West, Seven Hills North, Marsden Park, Wyong, Merrylands, Oran Park, Northbourne, North Rocks, Greenacre and Warnervale.
We offer an environment which is warm, caring and engaging for the children, staff and families. We want the children in our care to feel at home while providing them with a secure environment to grow and learn.
About the role
We are seeking part-time and casual Educators to fill before school, after school and vacation care positions in our Seven Hills North service which is licenced for 90 children and is in a dedicated space within the school.
To be successful in this position you will be passionate and love working with children. You will need to be motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will have a cooperative approach to working with staff and families.
Demonstrated behaviours you will need:
- ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- strong initiative
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- excellent interpersonal skills; flexible and patient
- emotional maturity and resilience.
- demonstrated ability to be encouraging and passionate about providing children with engaging activities
- good organisational and time management skills
- current Employee Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- ability to work as part of a team
- good communication and relational skills with children, staff and families.
- Certificate III/IV in Children’s Services, or working towards
- current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Child Protection Certificate
- current driver’s licence
- experience working with school age children
- demonstrated ability to be creative
- a working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and ‘My Time, Our Place’
- intermediate computer skills.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award with generous salary packaging available. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance, Employee Assistance Program and salary packaging benefits for permanent employees.
Friday 12 August 2022, 5pm.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria and resume. To apply, please forward your application to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
The current Public Health Order requires preferred applicants to be full vaccinated against COVID-19.