Wesley Community & Family Care – Family Preservation WSNBM
- permanent full-time position
- based in Western Sydney with offices in Penrith, Blacktown & Dundas
- competitive salary with salary packaging benefits and assigned motor vehicle.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Family Preservation is an NSW Department of Community and Justice funded program managed by Wesley Mission and supports families and children of the Greater Western Sydney, Nepean and Blue Mountains regions. The aim of Family Preservation is to enable children and young people to remain living safely at home wherever possible and prevent an unnecessary out-of-home-care placement. The program focuses on improving family functioning and enable families to access appropriate social and practical support for children and young people aged 0-17 years of age. The program is in alignment with the “Premier’s Priorities” to decrease the proportion of children and young people re-reported at risk of significant harm by 20% by 2023.
About the role
We are looking for an Operations Manager who is conscientious, reliable and motivated about making a difference. This role requires someone with strong commercial acumen and superior leadership skills and knowledge. The Operations Manager must have the ability to guide multi-million dollar program with a staff of 75 through a transition period with the goal being to create an exceptional workplace with high performing teams. This is a busy and dynamic role that requires high levels of energy and patience.
All staff at Family Preservation work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field. Wesley Mission provides regular supervision, support and training for all staff. This program has offices based in Penrith, Blacktown and Dundas (and will soon be opening an outreach office in the Blue Mountains). The location of this role will be considered across any or all of these sites.
- bachelor level qualifications in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science or related fields
- minimum 5 years’ senior leadership experience in the community sector
- experience in the supervision of staff and team development in a multi-disciplinary team
- experience in SafeCare delivery, or other parenting programs
- proven organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and budgets
- cultural competence and experience working alongside CALD and Aboriginal staff and families
- current NSW or National Driver’s Licence
- successful applicant will need a Working with Children’s Check & National Criminal Record Check.
- knowledge of the local child and family support sector
- completion, or close to completion, of a management or leadership course
- an appreciation of the challenges involved in managing a diverse workforce within a not-for-profit environment.
- experience in managing electronic files and data bases.
- generous leave entitlements, including 9 weeks ‘top up pay’ in conjunction with government paid parental leave, paid study leave, paid domestic violence leave
- fully maintained motor vehicle
- Employee Assistance Program (free counselling service)
- paid Work Health and Safety training including First Aid and CPR
- $250 Finder’s Fee for referrals
- quarterly Rewards and Recognition Program
- full salary packaging
- professional training and development
- hybrid working arrangements
- flexible work arrangements negotiated.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award Level 8 plus super. Salary packaging and an assigned motor vehicle available.
6 February 2023.
Please find an Application Pack, including Position Description attached.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Only applications which address the essential criteria will be considered.
- a brief telephone conversation to confirm details of the role and arrange a telephone interview
- telephone interview
- online aptitude testing and a behavioural questionnaire
- face-to-face interview(s)
- reference & probity checks.
If you have any queries, please contact David.Allen@wesleymission.org.au
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker code of conduct. Wesley Mission employees working at Family Preservation WSNBM are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
At Wesley Family Preservation, everyone is welcome and respected. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.