Wesley Homeless Services
- permanent part-time position, 21 hours per week
- based in Coffs Harbour
- immediate start
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
An opportunity exists for an experienced, motivated and teachable person to join our small team in its work supporting local young people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
This is a demanding but rewarding role, requiring sound judgement, initiative, collaboration, creativity, resilience and genuine compassion. It is a permanent part-time position (21hrs) which will require engaging our target group in person-centred case management and trauma informed care.
Please note: It is an essential requirement of the role that successful applicants will have had their COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Certificate IV in Community Services or experience relevant to the quality provision of accommodation and support services, especially for children and young people
- sound understanding of youth homelessness and an ease in providing warm and credible empathy to young people experiencing homelessness or homeless-risk, and to their families
- ability to articulate a practice framework that is person-centred, trauma-informed, culturally competent and respectful of diversity, and the role of services in preventing and supporting permanent exits from homelessness for young people
- knowledge and experience relevant to responding to children at serious risk of harm
- effective communication skills and administrative competencies – computer literacy, documentation, data collection etc
- proven ability to perform in complex and challenging community welfare settings – flexible and creative approaches to work, matched with tested personal attributes such as resilience, patience, initiative, compassion and commitment to self-care
- ability to embrace Wesley Mission’s values and to work within its codes of ethics and conduct – and to work respectfully alongside the mission and values of partner organisations.
- helpful local, sector or organisational knowledge
- familiarity with sector practice guidelines, information systems and outcome measures.
Applicants will need to possess a current driver’s licence, Apply First Aid Certification, and satisfy security checks in relation to Working with Children and criminal history.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, with generous salary packaging opportunities.
Friday 28 January 2022, 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0428 848 526
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.