Wesley Family Preservation WSNBM
- based in Blacktown, covering the Nepean, Blacktown and Cumberland regions
- salary + car allowance + super + salary packaging benefits.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
The Wesley Family Preservation WSNBM program provides targeted support to vulnerable families to prevent children and young people (0 to 17 years old) from escalating into the child-protection or Out of Home Care system.
About the role
We are looking for an outstanding Practice Specialist who is conscientious, reliable and motivated about making a difference. The Wesley Family Preservation WSNBM Practice Specialist is responsible to develop and drive high quality and consistent practice in the Family Preservation service provision that is in line with the practice principals and industry best practice standards.
All staff at Wesley Family Preservation WSNBM work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field. Wesley Mission provides regular supervision, support and training for all staff.
Wesley Mission employees working at Family Preservation WSNBM are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and comply with relevant booster vaccinations. As such, the successful candidate will need to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to commencing in this role.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science, or related fields, or willing to complete a qualification within a reasonable timeframe
- minimum 5 years’ experience in working with vulnerable families experiencing stressors, including domestic violence, child protection issues, parent drug and alcohol misuse, parenting skills, child behaviour management, learning difficulties, parental mental health, and social isolation
- thorough understanding of client management data systems and reporting
- experience in developing scorecards, program logic and performance measurements
- experience in client file auditing and reflective feedback reports
- leadership and management experience including the supervision of staff and team development in a multi-disciplinary team, including public speaking and presentation capabilities
- cultural competence and experience working alongside CALD and Aboriginal families
- current NSW or National Driver’s licence
- current Working with Children Check clearance or willingness to obtain.
- knowledge of the local child and family support sector
- experience in SafeCare® delivery, or other parenting programs
- completion, or close to completion, of a management or leadership course
- experience in managing electronic files and data bases.
- brief telephone conversation to confirm details of the role and arrange a telephone interview
- telephone interview
- online aptitude testing and a behavioural questionnaire
- face-to-face interview
- reference & probity checks.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 7, plus superannuation and salary packaging.
Closing date: 18 August 2022
Interviews will be held: 24 August 2022
Please find an Application Pack, including Position Description below.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Only applications which address the essential criteria will be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
Preferred applicants will be requested to undergo an online psychometric test, prior to interview. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.