- full-time position
- based near Paramatta (Rydalmere)
- be part of a large and established for-purpose organisation that is continuously growing
- competitive salary packaging.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
In 1973 the David Morgan Centre opened and began offering employment opportunities for people with disabilities who were unable to gain employment elsewhere. More than a workplace, David Morgan Centre provided social interaction, extracurricular activities and the opportunity to develop skills in a warm, Christian environment.
Over the years the David Morgan Centre has evolved and adapted to the changing landscape of disability services. Today, the David Morgan Centre offers sustainable and competitive contract packaging services, specializing in the secondary packaging of Therapeutic Goods and Veterinary products, as well as supporting employees with a disability placed in other areas of Wesley Mission. The people who work in these businesses are appropriately supported in their employment according to their diverse abilities.
Employing 90 employees with a disability, this dynamic and growing social enterprise has experienced a high demand for services as businesses look for an effective way to mix business requirements and social corporate responsibilities. The service is supported by 10 permanent staff and “hands on” management.
- experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- Forklift Licence or willingness and ability to obtain
- experience in managing vulnerable clients as employees
- firm understanding of Australian Disability Enterprises (ADE) and their interaction with state and federal disability legislation
- an understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets
- demonstrable skills in conflict resolution, change management and financial management
- experience in managing a team and developing team for superior performance
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and verbal skills, public speaking and presentation capabilities
- outstanding interpersonal skills, flexible, patient and ability to relate well to all levels of society that Wesley Mission interacts with
- high level problem solving skills
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and Dynamics.
- formal Qualifications in Warehousing, Transport and Logistics
- tertiary qualifications in Business, Engineering or Marketing
- experience in preparing and presenting sales and business proposals to potential customers.
- not for profit or cause related management experience
- an appreciation of the challenges involved in managing a diverse workforce within a not for profit environment.
You will have the opportunity to access a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take home pay)
- fully maintained vehicle (including for private use)
- professional development opportunities.
14th October 2022, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing ALL the selection criteria. Applications not addressing the selection criteria may be over looked.
Please submit your application to:
Rick Lyddiard, Head of Social Enterprises, Wesley Social Enterprises
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number).