Specialist Care Arrangements/OOHC
- full time position – 38 hours per week
- based in Mid North Coast NSW
- attractive salary packaging benefits + fully maintained vehicle
Wesley Mission is a high-profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Dalmar OOHC is offering a challenging and rewarding opportunity to manage an exciting Programme on the Mid North Coast of NSW. The position is based out of Coffs Harbour. Duties include managing and leading a team of Case Managers, Youth workers and others to support several children and young people in Supported Independent Living and/or Alternative Care placements it also includes supporting the Coffs Harbour OOHC team. You will be a highly motivated creative and innovative individual who thrives on challenges, problem solving, and is committed to providing the best level care and support possible to our children and young people.
- A Degree qualification (minimum Bachelor’s degree) from a recognised tertiary institution in Psychology / Social Work / Social science or related discipline
- At least 2 years experience working in OOHC or with children and/or young people with high needs/Trauma
- Demonstrated Supervisory experience
- Ability to develop professional partnerships.
- Proven organisational skills and ability to multi task and prioritise workloads.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work within budget.
- Strong organisational skills in processes and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team and a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated high level communication (written and verbal), negotiation and advocacy skills.
- Sound record keeping, data collection and management, statistical analysis, report writing and computer skills including an ability to concisely and accurately record all key interactions.
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence and a willingness to travel as required.
- Willingness to affirm Wesley Missions vision, mission and values.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development. Salary and conditions of employment are based on the Social Community Home Care and Disability Award with generous salary packaging opportunities including a fully maintained vehicle.
Thursday 28 October 2021, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For an information package or to submit an application, please contact:
Matthew Smith – Program Manager SIL/OOHC Coffs Harbour
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.