Wesley Community Housing
- part-time position (30 hrs/week)
- based in Newcastle, with travel across Newcastle, Central Coast and Mid-North Coast
- great learning and development opportunities in a fast-paced team.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from accommodation services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, aged care and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program – Wesley Community Housing
Our passionate and friendly community housing team provide homes for people and families on low to moderate incomes across NSW. We partner with organisations and tenants to:
- support successful tenancies
- contribute to more connected and strengthened communities
- increase opportunities for tenants.
More information on our community housing activities can be found at: www.wesleymission.org.au/find-a-service/housing-and-accommodation/community-housing
About the role
We are looking to employ a Property & Maintenance Officer with an empathetic, solution focused and positive approach. This role is responsible for delivering asset management and maintenance requirements across the Wesley Community Housing portfolio with a focus on Newcastle, Central Coast and Mid-North Coast. This includes responsive, preventative, planned maintenance and maintenance projects.
This role works in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to plan, deliver, audit and report on responsible, preventative and planned maintenance of properties and grounds, ensuring Wesley Community Housing is operating in compliance with relevant regulatory frameworks, standards, agreements and contracts.
- technical knowledge of general property repairs
- appropriate technical qualifications in carpentry, trade, or related building discipline
- maintenance planning skills and good time management
- hold a current unrestricted NSW Driver’s Licence and be available to travel across the Sydney, Central Coast and Newcastle region
- demonstrated experience in repairs/ maintenance works and budget tracking
- working knowledge of Australian Standards, WHS regulations and BCA
- COVID-19 vaccination – at least 2 doses.
- awareness of social/community housing
- good all-round knowledge of property maintenance
- organisational skills in prioritising allocated work orders
- previous experience with NGO or similar working environment.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development. Salary and conditions of employment are based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010, Level 3 with generous salary packaging opportunities.
7th December 2022.
For further information please contact Kris Eisenhauer on Kris.Eisenhauer@wesleymission.org.au
All applications must provide a cover letter addressing the essential criteria and a current CV/resume to be considered for this role.
All applications must be directed via email to Kris Eisenhauer, Housing Lead – North Wesley Community Housing
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.