Wesley Rayward Carlingford
- full time and part-time permanent positions available (Sunday – Thursday)
- based in Carlingford
- salary packaging benefits.
Are you looking for a role where you can say “I made a difference today”? Then look no further!
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from accommodation services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, aged care and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Rayward has 74 aged care luxury rooms, with beautifully landscaped gardens, in the quiet leafy suburb of Carlingford.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Recreational Activities Officer (RAO) to join our team. As the RAO you will be responsible for planning and delivering meaningful leisure and lifestyle programs which enable the wellbeing of our residents. You will work within a team to ensure that these programs promote optimal health, healthy ageing, and resident choice. A genuine person-centred approach is essential to the success of this role as we respond to the changing needs of our residents.
- completed or near completion of a Certificate IV in Leisure and Health or Diploma in Health Science, Diversional Therapy, Occupational Therapy or related discipline
- experience in a similar role in a Residential Aged Care Facility
- experience with program development and activity planning
- experience contributing to the assessment of each residents social, spiritual and emotional needs and maintaining appropriate, individual care plans to meet their needs
- creative and innovative, with a passion to bring meaning to a resident’s day to day living
- excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- self-motivated with well-developed organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Residential Aged Care & Villages Award. Salary packaging benefits available for permanent employees.
5pm, 28th October 2022.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the essential criteria. For further information, or to apply, please contact:
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.