Wesley Dalmar Out of Home Care
- full-time position
- based in the Hunter Central-Coast region
- be part of a leading NFP organisation making a real difference in the community.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Dalmar Out of Home Care is part of the Dalmar Child and Family Portfolio within Wesley Mission, and provides foster care, adoption, residential care, Supported Independent living, and a suite of wrap around support services. The Hunter Central-Coast region provides care for over 200 children and young people every night.
The Operations Manager role will work as a team with the other Operations Managers and the Head of Out of Home Care to ensure our services continue to grow and develop as well as provide industry leading care to our clients across the region. It is a key role in upholding our agency accreditation, maintaining contractual requirements, and supporting staff, foster carers and clients across four sites.
About you (criteria)
This is a great opportunity for a committed individual with:
- degree qualification (minimum bachelor’s degree) from a recognised tertiary institution in Psychology / Social Work / Social science or related discipline
- minimum five years’ experience in Out-of-Home Care
- experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams and supporting individual professional develop requirements
- experience developing professional partnerships and working within contractual requirements
- experience in setting and working to large and complex budgets
- excellent experience in managing complex teams and staffing arrangements
- sound record keeping, data collection and management, statistical analysis, report writing and computer skills including an ability to concisely and accurately record all key interactions.
- current NSW Driver’s Licence and a willingness to travel as required.
You will have the opportunity to access a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take home pay)
- fully maintained vehicle (including for private use) or a car allowance
- professional development opportunities.
10am, 13 February 2023.
For further information about the role, please contact Angela Slarke on 0438 258 380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the criteria listed above to:
April Edler – Head of Out-of-Home Care, Dalmar Child and Family
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.