Wesley Public Affairs & Advocacy
- permanent full-time role
- based in Sydney CBD
- competitive salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
- make a significant contribution within a leading not-for-profit
Wesley Mission is a multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can”.
About the role
The Senior Public Affairs Officer leads engagement with the media to build Wesley Mission’s profile and awareness of advocacy issues, programs and events. Reporting to the Executive Manager for Public Affairs & Advocacy, the Senior Public Affairs Officer will support the management of major media and critical issues.
The role supports communications related to Wesley Mission’s strategic plan and advocacy strategy, providing support to leadership by preparing key briefings and contributing to a wide range of communications materials. The role also has responsibility for Wesley Mission’s Twitter account to engage with media, policymakers and the broader community.
It is a great opportunity for a committed individual with:
- exceptional written communications skills
- demonstrated experience engaging the media through pitching, crafting stories and shaping media releases
- experience in developing and implementing content for digital channels
- tertiary qualification or similar experience in journalism, communications, public relations, media or related field
- knowledge of issues and government policy initiatives to prevent suicide, gambling harm and to address housing is highly desirable
- current driver’s licence and Working with Children Check.
You will have access to a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take home pay)
- study leave and financial assistance through our educational assistance scheme for eligible staff
- professional development opportunities.
How to apply
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to:
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 3 June 2022.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.