Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Program
- full-time and part-time positions in WA, SA, NSW, VIC and TAS
- are you passionate about reducing the impact of suicide in your community?
- do you have qualifications or are you studying to work in Allied Health or Community Development?
- do you enjoy intrastate and national travel?
- please note: It is an essential requirement of the role that successful applicants will up to date with the COVID-19 vaccination.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
The Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Networks are community driven local groups that identify and implement grass roots initiatives to prevent suicide.
Our team supports a national network of volunteers to deliver interventions which address risk factors and social determinants of suicide across 132 communities around Australia.
Our programs have a whole of government, community and populations reach into at risk populations and communities, with 85.4% of our network members identifying as having a lived experience of suicide.
About the role
This role is about engaging people, building resilience and developing capacity to prevent and address suicide within communities impacted by events that increase the risk of suicide. Through building networks of committed members, you will have the opportunity to walk alongside communities as they develop targeted and sustainable strategies to prevent suicide.
You may be working towards a degree or have previous experience working in rural or remote communities, community development or engagement programs, mental health, social work or public health.
- qualifications or willingness to complete qualifications in allied health or suicide prevention.
- passion for suicide prevention
- knowledge and experience of community development and participatory development practice
- understanding and experience in data collection, database management and report writing skills
- experience in developing and implementing project plans
- excellent organisational skills and the capacity to work with minimal supervision
- experience in facilitating meetings
- current Driver’s Licence
- proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- qualifications in Suicidology, Mental Health, Social Work or Psychology and eligibility for membership within the regulatory body of their relevant discipline
- eligibility for membership with an understanding of issues facing rural and remote communities.
This position requires frequent intrastate and interstate travel.
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Support Program
- access to discounted health and travel insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging, sacrifice up to $16,050 of your yearly income.
10am 22nd August 2022
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.