Wesley Home & Residential Care
- permanent full-time position
- based in Carlingford
- flexible working hours depending on client needs
We are seeking a passionate, dedicated and experienced Therapeutic Specialist to join our team. This is an opportunity to be part of a program and to make a difference in the lives of children and young people.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from disability, aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
The Intensive Therapeutic Care – Significant Disability (ITC-SD) service provides therapeutic care to children and young people who have been diagnosed with a significant disability in statutory Out of Home Care. This program has a strong focus on facilitating and supporting young people with their journey to recovery from trauma with a team-based approach to providing individualised, person-centred care.
About the role
The primary function of your role will be to provide clinical consultation and therapeutic services for children and young people within the ITC-SD program.
- tertiary degree qualification in Psychology, Allied Heath or relevant equivalent and current registration
- knowledge of the issues, trends and evidence-based principles underpinning the provision of services to vulnerable children/ young people (i.e. those who live within Out of Home Care (OOHC)) and who have complex and/ or challenging behaviours
- experience in the disability sector for children/ young people
- demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive clinical assessments and formulate intervention plans including behaviour support plans
- knowledge and experience in the provision of assessment, consultation and therapeutic interventions for a broad range of vulnerable children or Young People
- demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills for consulting and collaborating both within and external to the agency including health professionals, other agencies and departments
- comprehensive understanding of key risk factors and the effect of trauma on childhood development
- working collaboratively with other internal services and external stakeholders to achieve child/young person needs and therapeutic and developmental goals
- demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive clinical assessments and formulate intervention plans
- demonstrate a commitment to meeting the needs of the child/young person and upholding their rights regardless of personal values and attitudes.
- understanding of the impact of grief and loss in children and young people
- have a working knowledge of the service pathways, networks and initiatives, such as the NDIS
- proficient computer skills
- current NSW driver’s licence and a willingness to travel as required
- current Working with Children Check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
- experience in working with children and young people in a residential setting
- experience in proving secondary consultation, training and advice to teams, other professionals and staff
- an understanding of the NDIS framework.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award 2010, Level 6.
You will be able to access a range of benefits including:
- Study Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program and Chaplaincy support
- Discounted private health insurance and home loan offers
- Generous salary packaging.
Monday 29 November 2021, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria both essential and desirable. For further information, or to apply, please contact:
Leanne Kelly – Program Manager ITC-SD
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.