Wesley Social Enterprises
- full-time position
- based in Dundas
- Supported Employment Award Grade 7
- attractive salary packaging benefits
- supervision of warehouse and supported employees
- unloading / loading trucks and containers
- completion of documentation & adhere to guidelines
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Packing is a business within the Wesley Social Enterprise service group, providing contract packing services to around 30 customers. With Therapeutic Goods Administration and Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority Licences, compliance includes detailed completion of documentation daily. The purpose of the service is to provide real employment for close to 80 employees with intellectual disabilities. We do all the good we can to support our employees to develop skills, enjoy a socially inclusive workplace, and fulfil their workplace and social goals.
About the role
Our service is looking to employ a Warehouse Supervisor to oversee the operations of our warehouse. You will have a current Forklift Licence with relevant forklift experience, have good literacy and numeracy skills, and be able to troubleshoot and adapt daily to the many challenges of this role. Ideally you will have experience or the necessary qualities to work with employees with intellectual disabilities – supportive, caring and inclusive. When not undertaking warehouse specific tasks, you will be required to undertake other production related activities including unloading containers, running a production line, printing of materials using specialised equipment, training of supported employees.
The successful applicant will:
- work effectively within a team environment
- be willing to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values and enthusiastically advocate our Word and deed ministry
- demonstrate ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- work quickly and with a keen eye for detail
- maintain a clean and ordered warehouse
- support employees with often challenging behaviours to complete their work
- follow direction from the Production Coordinator and/or the Operations Manager.
- good literacy and numeracy skills
- physically fit to unload shipping containers, including the safe removal of heavy items at times
- good regard for Work Health and Safety, particularly around manual handling
- Ability and willingness to complete GMP training annually
- Ability and willingness to complete First Aid Training
- Current forklift licence, and demonstrated experience driving a forklift in a warehouse setting
- Current class C manual driver’s licence
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive and manual tasks
- Ability to identify faulty goods and to bring to the attention of management
- Hold or willing to obtain within 12 months of commencement a Certificate 3 in Disabilities (or equivalent).
- Experience working with people with an intellectual disability
- Experience working in a GMP environment.
Friday 28 January 2022, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing ALL the selection criteria. Applications not addressing the selection criteria may be over looked.
Please submit your application to:
Rick Lyddiard, Operations Manager, Wesley Social Enterprises
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which our clients feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number, an NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Criminal History Record Check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.