- Location: Edgeworth NSW
- Type of work: Seniors & Aged Care
- Commitment: Regular – more than 6 months
- Training: Training provided
- Time required: minimum 1 hour per fortnight
Do you enjoy a friendly chat and good listening skills? Come and join the Wesley mission Community Visitors Scheme.
We have a 72-year-old female who is keenly awaiting a visitor for a chat and companionship.
Visits are held during the day and can be Monday to Friday or weekends, at a time to suit both the person and the volunteer visitor. Visit duration is a minimum of 1 hour per fortnight.
“If you would like to put some joy back into an older person’s life why not join us?” Volunteers are required to visit older community members who live in an aged care facility but who are socially isolated.
- Visits are held during the day and can be Monday to a Friday or weekends, at a time to suit both the person and volunteer visitor.
- Visit duration is a minimum of 1 hour per fortnight.
- Orientation training and ongoing support are provided.
- Requirements – need to be over 18 and consent to a National criminal Police History check.
- Preference – 1 female Volunteer