Wesley Work Health & Safety
- permanent full-time position
- Allied Health professional role
- based in Carlingford, with regular Sydney and occasional regional NSW travel
- fully maintained vehicle and generous salary packaging.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
This position is an integral part of the Work Health & Safety (WHS) Team. The role is to help ensure worker health and to enable Wesley Mission to meet WHS statutory obligations and contribute to the continuous improvement of its WHS Management System.
Working within the WHS team and with HR Business Partners you will support and provide guidance and advice to Wesley Mission managers and staff on best practice health and safety. You will help coordinate, conduct and monitor fitness for employment and fitness for duty assessments, and will advise on reasonable workplace accommodations and adjustments for employees suffering from injuries or who have medical conditions that affect their work or that are affected by their work. You will devise, implement and monitor workplace injury and illness prevention programs with a major focus on task analyses, manual handling, ergonomic assessments and identification of suitable duties via job dictionaries/job demand statements. You will conduct site visits for ergonomic and health and safety related assessments and assist with site audits, inspections and safety incident investigations. You will also support WHS projects and provide back up support for your WHS Business Partner colleague who specialises in safety.
- strong personal commitment to work health and safety and a passion for workers’ health
- tertiary qualifications in any of the following: occupational therapy, exercise physiology, physiotherapy, workplace rehabilitation, ergonomics
- strong understanding of WHS legislation, standards and regulations
- current valid NSW driver’s licence and ability to travel to both metro and regional areas
- knowledge of WHS risk management principles and practices
- experience developing and delivering WHS education and training
- strong written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- five years’ experience in a similar role within a diverse organisation.
- for-purpose working experience
- injury management and rehabilitation and return to work claims management experience
- current First Aid Certificate.
Remuneration and benefits
Salary and employment conditions are commensurate with experience and qualifications. You will have the opportunity to access a range of benefits including:
- generous salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take home pay)
- fully maintained vehicle (including for private use)
- professional development opportunities
- discounted private health insurance
- discounted home loan offers
- employee referral scheme (be gifted when you refer someone you know to work at Wesley Mission).
- study assistance program (including reimbursement of tuition fees and access to study leave)
- Employee Assistance Program (access to independent counselling and support services).
Applications will be reviewed as received. Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Dominique De Francesco
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.