Wesley Family Preservation will strengthen your family’s future by providing your child or teenager with opportunities to grow and the support you need to prevent challenges from escalating, to help keep your family together.
How we can help
Wesley Family Preservation exists to help families stay together, and keep children and young people teenagers safe. If you’re encountering problems that impact your ability to care for your children or teenagers, this voluntary program can help prevent challenges from escalating. We’ll work alongside your family when there’s an identified risk impacting a child or teenager’s safety, welfare or wellbeing. And we’ll support your child or teenager to thrive and feel safe at home, which will help keep your family together.
Wesley Family Preservation’s team of compassionate and experienced caseworkers are here to support you and your family. This support can include:
- coaching through home visiting support
- support from a youth worker · programs for parents including SafeCare
- support with family group conferencing
- advocating on behalf of your child or teenager
- assistance to access early childhood education
- assistance to access local community organisations and services
- up to 18 months of support
Our program is offered across Western Sydney, spanning from Auburn, Parramatta, Blacktown and Baulkham Hills right through to Penrith, Hawkesbury and up to Lithgow.
Who can use our program?
Wesley Family Preservation can support families with children and teenagers aged nought to 17. Families who take up our program come from a range of different backgrounds, and can be dealing with any number of issues, including:
- mental health
- alcohol or drug use
- domestic violence
- significant learning difficulty or disability
- limited school attendance
- parenting challenges
- limited family, social or community supports.
Get involved with Wesley Family Preservation
Where do I get started?
There are a few ways you can become involved:
- contact Wesley Family Preservation yourself Call (02) 8887 4800
- you can give permission to a community agency to refer you to our program
- a Wesley Family Preservation worker may be in contact with you because it’s been suggested to us that our program may be able to assist your family
- a referral may also be given to us by the NSW Department of Communities and Justice.
Can I refer a family to this program?
Community and self-referrals can be made directly to your local Wesley Family Preservation office.
If you know of a child or teenager who is at Risk of Significant Harm (ROSH), you can recommend our program when you make a child protection report to the Community Services Helpline on 132 111.