Wesley ParentsNext is a free program, helping parents reconnect with their local community and build a support network. Wesley Mission recognises that each parent and family have varied circumstances, and require different needs. Wesley ParentsNext works with you to identify short and long term goals, as well as the supports you require to eventually gain future employment when your child reaches school age.
Rediscover your strengths and passions, and learn what opportunities are available for you.
*Also available for parents at various locations across Metropolitan Sydney, Central Coast, Hunter, Mid North Coast and the North Coast.
Wesley ParentsNext can help you:
- build self confidence
- connect and develop friendships and relationships in your local community
- access mental health support and counselling services
- enrol and take part in education and training courses
- connect with and access local services to address personal, financial, parenting or family needs.
To help parents stay on track with their progress, the Wesley ParentsNext team:
- speaks to parents regularly, in person, over the phone, and in writing
- supports parents to attend in-between appointments, workshops and group work activities
- gives parents flexibility to adapt their plans when personal circumstances change
- identifies when parents need to access other services to support their goals.
Wesley ParentsNext tailors training and development programs to suit the specific needs of our participants. Our small group training offers support and guidance to each individual and may include topics such as how to prepare a resume, write a cover letter and improve interview skills.
In conjunction with Wesley Vocational Institute, we conduct Certificate level courses on our premises for suitable participants with free on-site child care provided.
Our experienced consultants assist with identifying career paths based on our participants short and long term work goals. Consultants meet with each participant to discuss goals, opportunities and challenges and identify strengths and skills that can be further developed and provide practical advice. Consultants identify career opportunities and provide work related guidance to develop a pathway to education and employment based on each individual’s needs.
Wesley ParentsNext connects participants to a range of practical activities and support networks in the local community to develop skills and build a network of support to be in a better position to gain and maintain employment.
How do I sign up?
To become an active participant in Wesley ParentsNext, you:
- have a child or children between six months and under six years of age
- have received parenting payment for the last six months
- have not had paid work in the last six months.
Call 1300 911 486 or email [email protected] to find out more.
Contact Wesley ParentsNext
Have a question or what to find out more about Wesley ParentsNext? Fill in the below form and we'll get back to you.
Fields marked as * are required.
- Wesley ParentsNext Ashfield
- Wesley ParentsNext Bankstown
- Wesley ParentsNext Bella Vista
- Wesley ParentsNext Blacktown
- Wesley ParentsNext Campbelltown
- Wesley ParentsNext Fairfield
- Wesley ParentsNext Liverpool
- Wesley ParentsNext Penrith
- Wesley ParentsNext West Ryde
- Wesley ParentsNext Sydney
- Wesley ParentsNext Windsor