Flexible support for children, young people, families and communities across Blacktown and The Hills Shire.
About Wesley Child, Youth & Family Program
Wesley Child, Youth & Family Program is a voluntary, supportive program for parents/carers with children aged 0 – 12 years looking to build healthy relationships with their children.
Our programs and services are designed to increase knowledge, skills, confidence and experience through various types of engagement such as one-on-one support, parenting programs, supported playgroups, community events, holiday activities and camps. Our team will work closely with you to design the program and support especially for you to suit you and your family’s needs.
We’ve supported 3,946 families have been empowered across the Blacktown and Hills LGA.
We offer 20 + programs and services to collaborate with families who are isolated, under resourced, and needing some support.
Hear from other parents/carers
Hear what our clients had to say in our Client Satisfaction Survey 2021:
“Through our appointments I have a better understanding of my children's emotional and physical needs and have become better at responding through circle of security and tuning into kids.”
“[caseworker] is kind, understanding, able to troubleshoot situations to get me the extra help I need and most off all she made me feel safe, something I haven't felt in a long time. My baby and I are safe. I felt like I was being heard and I had someone on my side. That was very important to me.”
“I feel fortunate to have found Wesley Mission during my hardest times in life. Thanks so much for all that you do for people in need.”
What kind of support can you receive?
As part of Wesley Child, Youth & Family Program you and your family can access a range of programs and services offered by Wesley Mission and partner organisations, which includes both one-on-one support and various groups.
- Keeping Kids in Mind
- Baby Massage & Parenting Support
- 1,2,3 Magic
- Circle of Security
- Driving Lessons / Learning to Drive
- Wrapped in Angels
- Multicultural Mums Group
- Mindfulness sessions for parents
- Afro Step (Mum & Bubs dance group)
*Disclaimer: groups may differ between terms
One-on-one support can include:
- Home visits
- Phone consultations
- Advocacy support
- One-on-one parenting support
- Behaviour management support
- Healthy eating advice
- Creating routines for the children
- Psychoeduation on Parenting and Relationships
- Material aid
- Play therapy
- Age appropriate intervention for the children at home
- access information, advice and referrals for advocacy and counselling
- connect with other parents and families in your community
- develop skills and strategies to overcome challenging situations
- engage with parenting programs and supported playgroups
- develop family support case management plans
- access material aid
- connect with culturally appropriate programs and services.
What can you gain from the program?
Through Wesley Child, Youth & Family Program we can help children and parents/carers who are struggling to manage disruptions and maintain wellbeing.
With ongoing, targeted support, you can:
- strengthen the relationship and attachment between you and your children
- develop strong community connections and build your social network
- achieve your parenting goals
- access relevant programs and services.
Aleisha’s life turned upside down when the father of her two children walked out when her baby, Katherine was just three days old. But through Wesley Mission’s support, Aleishia now has the confidence to be the supportive parent she desires to be for her children. Read Aleishia’s story here
How can we help you?
Request a call back
Complete the form and we'll be in touch.
Book a group
Register your interest in a group support session.
Drop in or contact us
If we’re not able to provide the support you need through Wesley Child, Youth & Family Program, we can connect you with the right programs and services within Wesley Mission or our partner organisations.
Find out more
If you would like to know more about the Wesley Child, Youth & Family Program please fill in the form below and a member of our team will contact you very soon.