Workforce development program
We take the time to understand your business in order to deliver solutions to your employment needs.
Benefits to your organisation
You pick the students
Be involved in the initial student screening interviews – select potential staff who meets your organisation’s expectations.
Train to your organisation’s standards
Our trainers spend 4 hours prior to the course in the facility learning about your organisation practices and policies.
25 days of unpaid work placement
Up to 120 hours of unpaid workplace support.
Gain new workplace-ready staff
Students will complete the course already familiar with the facility, its staff and its residents.
Police checks, insurance and uniforms provided
Students will be provided with uniforms in line with your organisation’s standards. A copy of student police checks and Wesley Mission insurance information will be sent to you prior to course commencement.
Wage subsidy entitlements for new staff
Your organisation may be entitled to wage subsidies for students at the end of the course – Job Active Providers will be on hand to discuss this further.
24 day theory component delivered on-site
32 day work placement
- Weeks 1 – Two days per week face-to-face training
- Weeks 7 – 11 Two days per week face-to-face training. Two days per week morning shift at the facility
- Weeks 12 - 16 Three days per week work experience within the facility/service.
- Week 17 Two days per week face-to-face training and completion of all course paperwork
- Week 18 Facility conducts formal interviews with the students
Build your trained staff pool now!
Wesley Vocational Institute RTO code 90091