Opportunity Pathways – Social Impact Investment (OP-SII) is an exciting program that supports you to make a positive change working towards training, employment or housing independence.
The program is available to people who receive social housing assistance; and focusses on offering a flexible and person-centred support to access training, employment and housing independence.
Wesley Mission’s Opportunity Pathways – Social Impact Investment team is available across the Central Coast and Hunter regions.
Opportunity Pathways – Social Impact Investment is a free program, and you may be eligible to participate if you are:
- 17 years or older and meet school leaving requirements
- unemployed or currently working 20 hours or less per week
- willing and able to work at least 14 hours per week or study at a Certificate III or above qualification
- living in public, community or Aboriginal housing; or receiving a Department of Community & Justice Rent Choice subsidy (including household members); or an approved social housing applicant on the NSW Housing Register (including household members)
- able to consent to engaging in the program and can commit to a Training Employment and Housing Plan (TEHP)
- able to consent to providing identifying details about your household and employment.
Your eligibility is assessed and if you are accepted into the program, you will be assigned a Workplace Mentor to support you to identify and achieve your education and employment goals. We will work with you to develop a Training, Employment and Housing Plan (TEHP) based on your situation, needs and goals.
You will have access to one-on-one support, vocational coaching and mentoring, training, workshops, work experience placements, volunteering opportunities, resume writing assistance, job application preparation and work retention support.
You may also receive financial assistance to support you to achieve your training and employment goals.
Information for referrers
To refer a client to the Opportunity Pathways – Social Impact Investment program, please download and complete the referral form. Then return the completed and signed referral form to the email address mentioned on the form.
Christmas period closure – We will remain closed from 12.30 pm on Friday 23 December 2022 and re-open at 9 am on Tuesday 3 January 2023.