Wesley Take Charge of Your Life is a support program which assists young people aged 15 to 25 as they transition from living in out of home care to living independently.
Who is the program for?
The program is for current and former clients of Wesley Mission who are about to leave or have left Wesley Out of Home Care.
What does it involve?
Wesley Take Charge of Your Life provides tailored, flexible outreach support to meet each young person’s specific needs.
The services and support offered include:
- accommodation assistance
- personalised mentoring programs
- supported job search and work experience placements
- courses to enhance financial literacy skills
- formal qualifications in Certificate II Business
- gambling, drug and alcohol awareness information sessions and access to speciality clinical supports
- volunteering opportunities
- Wesley work placement opportunities
- linking young people in with the CREATE Foundation for ongoing support and guidance.