Home care packages are designed to give people choice and flexibility about the kind of care and support they receive in their home. This is a new way of providing home care, one that gives individuals more control and choice about their care. The government calls this Consumer Directed Care (CDC).
CDC has changed the way the government funds home care. Now, individuals are provided with a personalised budget. This means you can make decisions about the way your funding is spent on your care.
Home care packages subsidise a broad range of services including:
- domestic assistance such as washing, ironing, gardening
- personal care, such as showering, dressing and meal preparation
- social support such as community activities and entertainment
- home modifications and maintenance
- clinical care such as nursing and physiotherapy.
There are four levels of home care packages:
- Level 1 supports people with basic care needs
- Level 2 supports people with low level care needs
- Level 3 supports people with intermediate care needs
- Level 4 supports people with high level care needs.
As an experienced provider of home care services, we can help you understand what government support is available and ensure you access the most appropriate services to meet your needs.