Wesley Dalmar Out of Home Care
- full time 9 months contracted position (38 hours per week)
- based in Coffs Harbour and Grafton
- attractive salary packaging benefits and fully maintained motor vehicle
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
This exciting position entails supporting children and young people in foster care to achieve their educational potential. You would be working one to one with a range of students, providing school support and out of school tutoring. You will also be co-ordinating a team of educational mentors and offering direct support to case managers and foster carers.
- tertiary qualifications in Education
- experience in working with children with behaviour difficulties
- understanding of the educational needs of children in care
- ability to work as a team with other professionals
- current driver’s licence and willingness to drive throughout the region.
- qualifications in Special Education
- willingness to learn new skills
- experience in teaching children in care.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 with attractive salary packaging options.
Friday 22nd October 2021, by 5 pm.
Applications are encouraged to include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and updated resume are to be sent to Janelle Pacey. For any enquiries regarding the role or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0448 104 512
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.