Wesley Aunties & Uncles
- 12-month contract position
- based in Ballina
- leading NFP organisation
- generous salary packaging benefits available.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, health services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Aunties & Uncles Program is a long-term mentoring program that has been operating for 48 years. It matches vulnerable children to volunteer ‘Aunts’ & ‘Uncles’ for day and weekend visits.
We are delighted to offer a 12-month secondment for a 30 hour per week Case Manager to join the Wesley Aunties & Uncles (WA&U) Wrap Around Services out-of-home care work in Ballina.
This role will be working in the Ballina region based at the Wesley Dalmar OOHC office. This is a fixed-term contract starting on 3 October 2022 and ending on 2 October 2023. The package includes a fully maintained fleet vehicle with fuel card.
- degree in Social Work, Social Science, Social Welfare, Psychology or related discipline
- flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- current unrestricted driver’s licence
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- demonstrated ability to write reports to a professional standard.
- Experience in out-of-home care, mentoring programs and working with volunteers
- previous employment with children and families
- experience in case management
- experience in facilitating training and conducting assessments.
Salary and conditions of employment are based on the SCHADS Award, Level 5.
The agency provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development.
Monday 22 August 2022, by 5 pm.
If you’re keen to work where you can really make a difference, please send your application including resume and cover letter addressing all selection criteria to:
Michelle Parrish, Program Manager, Wesley Aunties & Uncles
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.