Wesley Community and Family Care
- part-time positions available
- working across the Hunter, Hawkesbury and Western Sydney region
- fully maintained vehicle provided as well as generous salary packaging benefits.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Aged Care Navigators Program provides support and assistance to vulnerable older people who don’t have family, friends or an appropriate support person to understand, access and navigate the aged care service system.
We are currently expanding this service across the wider Hunter, Central Coast, Mid Coast and Hawkesbury region.
About the role
We are seeking several experienced Caseworkers to join us in establishing and rolling out this program across our new service area.
Wesley Aged Care Navigators Program is to provide specialist and intensive support to help older people understand and access aged care and connect with other relevant supports in the community.
The Caseworkers will be expected to provide assertive outreach in order to ensure the delivery of a high-quality person-centred service, which provides independent information and support to people who need assistance to access and understand the aged care system.
This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an experienced professional to join a committed organisation that is well respected in the sector.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff as well as range of opportunities for professional development and staff benefits.
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values and enthusiastically advocate our Word and deed ministry
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- relates well to a range of people with sound listening and problem-solving skills
- displays unconditional positive regard during all workplace interactions
- confident professional attitude with strong initiative
- displays emotional maturity and resilience
- passion for supporting vulnerable and in need individuals
- dedication to developing strong relationships with local community
- willingness to learn and accept feedback.
To be successful in this position, candidates must possess the following:
- tertiary qualifications in a related field e.g. Aged Care, Community Care, Social Work, Allied Health, Nursing and/or demonstrated professional experience working with clients to deliver a community-based service within the aged care sector
- demonstrated high-level understanding of My Aged Care systems and processes (including aged care assessments) and a sense of aged care services
- at least 2 years’ case work experience working with vulnerable clients with complex needs
- demonstrated experience working across a range of service providers developing and maintaining professional relationships and networking across organisations and service systems
- demonstrated commitment to supporting the needs and rights of people from diverse backgrounds, e.g., Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, people from Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and/or Intersex communities, and those from rural/remote communities
- understanding of trauma informed care and culturally appropriate practice
- high-level communication and administrative skills, including collecting, recording, and reporting data aligned with key performance indicators
- ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values
- current NSW or National driver’s license
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- successful applicants will need a Working with Children’s Check & National Criminal Record Check.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 5, with capacity for salary packaging and the provision of a fully maintained motor vehicle available for private use. Superannuation is paid in addition at 10.5%.
Please send your most recent resume and a cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria set out above to: Claire.Raitt@wesleymission.org.au
If successful, a mandatory 3-day training/induction residential will be held for all new employees at the Hunter Valley, week commencing 3rd April.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.