Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- part-time position, 30 hours per week
- location: Greenacre Baptist Christian Community School
- after school care
- salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (Wesley OOSH) provides high quality before and after school care and vacation care to school aged children.
We provide an environment that is warm, caring and engaging for the children, staff and families and believe it is important that every child in our care feels at home in a secure environment where they can grow and learn.
About the role
Wesley OOSH is experiencing strong growth across all public and independent school streams. We service school communities in Quakers Hill, Seven Hills West, Riverstone, North Kellyville, Epping West, Marsden Park, Wyong, Warnervale, Merrylands, Greenacre, North Rocks and Catherine Fields.
As the Centre Coordinator, you will lead a small vibrant team of casual educators, be the Nominated Supervisor and be in charge of the day to day running of the OOSH Centre. This service is currently operating after school care. You will be supported by a team of highly qualified professionals including Wesley’s OOSH Program Manager, Senior Coordinator, Area Coordinators, Quality, Risk and Compliance, WHS, HR, Payroll and Accounts Specialists.
Our Greenacre Baptist Christian Community College is a smaller bespoke service and will be a set up and pack up service located within the school hall. This service will continue to be an integral part of the school community and we are looking for a Coordinator who is able to carry the culture of the school and Wesley OOSH.
To be successful in this position you will have strong leadership qualities, be passionate and love working with children. You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will also have a cooperative approach to working with stakeholders.
- ability to engage and inspire a passionate team through clear decision making and the provision of a supportive and collaborative management style
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- relate well to a range of people with sound listening and problem-solving skills
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- confident professional with strong initiative
- display emotional maturity and resilience.
- an Early Childhood Education and Care qualification or equivalent
- sound working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
- minimum 1-year experience working in a children’s service
- demonstrated experience in coordinating a team
- ability to direct the development, planning, implementation and review of innovative, stimulating, high quality programming for the service
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification
- knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety
- current Working with Children Check
- completion of DEC approved Child Protection Training
- current driver’s licence
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- demonstrable skills in conflict resolution and change management
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and oral skills
- be prepared to work split shifts as required
- excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and patient
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- experience in the use of QikKids
- previous OOSH experience
- experience in facilitating group games and sports.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award with generous salary packaging available.
Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
Tuesday 30 November 2021, by 5pm.
Applications must include a CV and cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria. To apply, please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Centre Coordinator – Greenacre” in the subject line.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.