Lifeline Sydney & Sutherland
- full-time position
- based in Sydney CBD and Sylvania
- generous salary packaging provisions
- flexible hours and work arrangements
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, health, employment, training and education services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the Centre
In 1963, while led by Reverend Dr Sir Alan Walker, Wesley Mission established the first Lifeline. Since this time, the Lifeline movement has grown significantly and is now Australia’s largest national phone support services, answering over a million calls a year. As one of the 37 accredited Lifeline Australia Centres, Lifeline Sydney & Sutherland is owned and operated by Wesley Mission and supports more than 30,000 people annually through its 13 11 14 Crisis support service.
The Centre is experiencing unprecedented growth and is continuing to expand its volunteer base and its existing suite of support services within the community. The Centre is one of several programs supported and operated under Wesley Mission’s suicide prevention branch.
About the role
The Lifeline Centre Manager is a critical leadership role within the Wesley Suicide Prevention Services Branch, overseeing the operations of its National 131114 Crisis Support Service. The role is responsible for:
- leading a team whilst keeping the Help Seeker at the core of everything you do
- providing strategic leadership and oversight of both the Centre’s training and supervision programs to deliver the best possible support for Australians in crisis
- ensuring quality support to and engagement of the Centre’s volunteers, creating a sense of belonging and community
- developing a team of Trainer Assessors, clinically trained Crisis Support Supervisors as well as enabling functions through mentoring, coaching and the provision of constructive feedback
- being a change advocate leveraging performance data and other insights to inform action
- operational management of the Lifeline Sydney and Sutherland Centre across two office sites in both Sydney CBD and Sylvania
- developing and growing the Centre’s service capacity, inclusive of establishing and nurturing relationships with key partners, stakeholders and funders.
- tertiary qualifications or experience in human services, community services, counselling or relevant discipline/field
- strong operational leadership with a proven ability to lead change and continuous improvement
- demonstrated business development skills and experience
- experience delivering or overseeing training programs
- experience in leading teams with a proven ability to mentor
- ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- highly developed interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- ability to work independently and as part of a team, manage time honestly, flexibly and appropriately
- good computer literacy skills, ability to maintain accurate statistical and evaluation data
- cultural awareness and sensitivity
- current driver’s licence.
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment, or willingness to obtain
- experience in managing volunteers
- experience working in mental health and suicide prevention
- not for profit or cause related management experience.
Remuneration is in accordance with the position requirements and your experience. Generous salary packaging benefits are also included in addition to superannuation.
Tuesday 7 December 2021, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria to:
For inquiries about the role, please contact James Bell on 1800 100 024. Applicants are expected to be available for interview in the week of 13 December. Previous applicants need not apply.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.