Wesley Congregational Life
- part-time role, four days per week
- Sydney CBD location
Wesley Mission is a uniquely shaped church. The people who make up our congregational life come from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. They include recognised leaders in Australian society as well as those who live at society’s margins. Our Christ-centred faith is lived out in Word and deed, particularly through our community services in such areas as homelessness services, aged care, suicide prevention, child and family services, disabilities services, mental health and youth services.
About the role
The focus of the role is to grow church community and missional reach to the city by building collaboration between Wesley Congregational Life, Wesley Community Services, and churches and organisations beyond Wesley Mission. It will also involve discipleship and pastoral care of the church community based in Wesley Centre.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- appropriate Christian theological knowledge
- working knowledge of reflective practice within pastoral ministry
- demonstrated commitment to the vision, mission and Christian principles of Wesley Mission which support a values-driven service culture.
- pastoral care and chaplaincy experience that can add depth and insight especially among those who are hurt, disadvantaged, oppressed or marginalized
- ability to build networks and collaborative relationships in a diverse setting
- demonstrated competence working in groups with people who lack interpersonal skills
- excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- effective written and verbal communication skills
- well-developed organisational skills
- ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- deep understanding of and commitment to the Word and deed ministry of Wesley Mission.
- demonstrated experience in a similar role providing pastoral care to clients and staff in a community services context
- experience working in a dynamic environment across ethnic, socio-economic and theological contexts
- theological qualification, e.g., Bachelor of Theology or equivalent
- pastoral care and or counselling qualification, e.g. one or more units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or equivalent.
Friday 28 January 2022, 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Mrs Elizabeth Freeman
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.