Wesley Dalmar Clinical Services Maitland
- permanent full-time role
- based in Maitland
- generous salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
We are looking for a full-time Clinician based in Maitland. In this hands-on role you will assess and provide interventions for clients in out-of-home care. You will be part of a team that provides assessment, therapeutic interventions and facilitates access to appropriate community resources and services.
- Registered Psychologist, Social Worker (with eligibility for the Australian Association of Social Work) or any other relative therapeutic specialist
- strong clinical assessment skills
- experience in supporting families; preferably within an out-of-home care setting
- familiar with and able to implement Parenting Programs
- experience working with children and young people with difficult behaviours
- an ability to develop and implement therapeutic interventions with children and young people
- availability to work flexible hours
- ability to work independently
- driver’s licence.
- experience in out-of-home care – foster care
- experience in developing and implementing Behaviour Management Plans
- ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- experience in providing staff and client training
- strong skills in providing services to both adults and children.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 6, Pay Point 1 and generous salary packaging available.
Friday 3 June 2022, 5pm.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0429 810 266
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and Criminal History Record Check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please note: It is a requirement of this role to meet vaccination requirements for COVID-19.